Hi Dana,

Here are the instructions you requested.  Again, thanks to Bob Batchelor for
directing me to them.  I've copied them from this RP webpage:
http://home.real.com/product/help/rp10v8_ts/en/Screen_Reader_Information.htm

Note, as you will see below, that RP indicates sighted assistance may be
needed, but I didn't find that to be the case, not in this instance.
However, RP also indicates that a warning message will appear requiring
confirmation of the changes, but that didn't happen for me.  There's other
information about RP on this page that is alternately useful and dismissive.
Here goes with the message center section:

The Message Center delivers periodic messages of interest to the user.  You
may customize categories of messages as desired. Currently the Messaging
system is not very screen-reader accessible and most screen-reader users
will want to disable the "Check for new messages" feature to prevent the
pop-ups from interrupting work flow.  Here are the steps to do so (may
require sighted assistance):
List of 7 items
1. Click View >  Message Center in the RealPlayer menu bar to open the
Message Center.
2. Click the Options menu on the Message Center.
3. Choose Preferences... to open the Message Center Preferences dialog.
4. Clear  Check for new messages.
5. Click OK.
6. A warning message will appear. Click Yes.
7. Close Message Center.
list end

Rarely, a software update message may appear if an updated version of
RealPlayer is made available, but no other messages should appear.