A $74 battery pack is about the same cost as 24 good non-rechargeable
batteries these days.  After the first 48 hours of battery use, you'd
be at the break-even point.  If you use your recorder for lots  of
field work, then it wouldn't be a bad price at all.  Of course,
cheaper's always better, but then you're tied to a computer for
charging, which may or may not always be available to you unless you
plan on carrying one to offload your files and charge your batteries
simultaneously.