Hi Chris,

I've found that, if you're playing files on your PC and you have a
player capable of OGG, e.g. Winamp or foobar2000, I'd go with them. You
can get better quality than MP3 at lower bitrates, which saves on hard
drive space, especially if you have a smaller drive or a large music
collection.

Transcoding, is apparently a bad idea. I personally have done tests and
I don't hear a difference, but I could be one of the few. It's probably
a good idea to test it out and see if you can hear a difference, by
ripping the songs in MP3, converting to a particular quality of OGG then
ripping the songs directly to OGG and see if you can hear a difference,
then decide from there.

L8R
Brandon