I have been using the SlingBox now for 4 months. I have here
DirecTV satellite service, The latest Sling Player software and
firmware version.

I have the first and original SlingBox device. Some tips here.

To change channels you press the numbers row on your keyboard.

SlingBox has keyboard shortcuts for us. You are not forced to
use the remote control that appears on the SlingPlayer software
screen. You can toggle the remote to apear or not appear on your
screen. I never use the remote as it is not JAWS friendly the
time I tried to use it. Use the keyboard shortcuts.

I have a list of these shortctcuts. I will post to this list
soon when I find them.

CTRL+M - mutes the tv sound.
M - brings up menu list for your remote control.
space bar - to select an item. Do not use your enter key.

You will have to open a port on your router. Its port 5001.

Tech support: 1-877-GO-SLING

You will place in foront of your satellite/cable box a IR
Blaster which will allow you to control your receiver box with
your keyboard. Your keyboard becomes your remote control. For
both sighted and blind users.

You must have DSL/cable high speed internet for SlingBox to work
well for you.

I use A DirecTV Tivo box here.

Petro