To Gary King:

The SlingBox allows you to control your device wherever you are
whether you are at home or in another country.

You ask if you can record?

If you have a Tivo like I do from DirecTV satellite I can record
on the fly recordings.

Say I am in another country with my notebook pc. The notebook
has the SlingPlayer installed. Your home pc is connected to your
Slingbox device and the Slingbox is connected tyo your router.

Your home PC doesn't have to be on. Just your modemand router
have to be on only.

on the notebook PC I run the SlingPlayer software, sign in.

You will hear your tv sound come on. You need broadband
connection.

The shortcut to activate the record button is ctrl+shift+r

The above command starts the recording for me. My DirecTV box
starts the recording for me. I haven't done this much so I may
have forgotten a step or 2.

Another thing to note is the recording the Tivo makes will be on
the Tivo hard drive and not on your computer.

For me JAWS doesn't read the Tivo options - buttons that one
sees on a regular tv set. I have memorize the tivo screen list
of buttons and options. My tivo makes a beeping sound everytime
I go up and down.

The llingbox is great for watching live tv.

If you think you can access the tv guide and all on the computer
so far I cannot. Jaws cannot read anything.

Petro