I haven't tried MP3 players from Trekstore. AT the moment, I only like
two kinds of MP3 players: The ones for blind poeple, MileStone and
BookPort, and MP3 dictation recorders. Sanyo still makes nice ones,
although with a relatively low storage capacity. The Olympus WS-320M is
quite nice, but it is not a real USB mass storage device, because it
uses MTP and therefore only works under XP and Vista. Sony's ICD-U70 is
quite good as well. A real USB mass storage device, like the Olympus has
a built-in USb plug, can play MP3 files much faster than normal speed,
100% faster, has a very week built-in speaker and exact resume, offers
fast forward and rewind with sound. But it's five way navigation key is
relatively small and one should remove the AAA battery, if one doesn't
use it for two days or so, because like a lot of Sony voice recorders it
eats batteries fast. It has one gigabyte of built-in memory. Its
recording format is Sony propriatary. All in all, the Sony ICD-U70 is one
of my favorite MP3 players at the moment. A Sony MP3 player without any
copy protection, hard to believe, but true.

   <*** Michael Lang ***>