Hi,
You'll want to check to see what OS the phone runs on. There are three
that it could use, possibly four. Some Palm devices use their OS, I'm
not sure if there are separate ones for phones or not. It could also be
using Pocket PC 03, Windows Mobile 5 or Windows Mobile Smartphone. There
are differences in the three Windows ones, and you'll have to check on
the sites of things such as Pocket Hal and Talks to see which ones they
work with. As far as I know, Palm doesn't have any screenreading
software out there. There might be some, but I haven't heard anything
about it.

HTH
Brandon