From: "John J. Jacques" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:42 AM
Subject: Re: Devices for Recording LP's and 45's to Digital

Hi all, the easiest way to do this, is if you have a turntable that you
can set up close to your computer!  You can either get an inexpensive
pre-amp that will boost the low level of a magnetic phono cartridge and
equalize it correctly and feed the output of that pre-amp to the line
input of your sound card!  Then, all you need is a sound editing program,
such as Gold Wave, or Groove Mechanic wich is designed for recording
vinyl!  An alternative solution, if there is no way to get a turntable in
the same area as the PC, is if you already have a fairly good quality
stereo system, with a turntable and a cassette deck, you can first record
the vinyl LP's on to a good quality cassette and then, plug a cassette
deck into your PC's sound card and record that way!  Since I have my
stereo system set up right here along with my computers, I just feed my
main pc's second sound card into the tape monitor loop of my reciever, so
I can record anything that I wish onto the hard drive!

HTH:
J. J.
John Jacques
Amateur Radio Station: KG7FA