I have no personal experience with ProTools, but from what I've read
here and elsewhere, even the most devoted aficionados of the Mac
admit with disappointment that Apple has not seen fit to make
ProTools, one of the most potentially valuable programs for the Mac,
accessible at all for the blind.  I recollect no success stories of
anybody using the pc version successfully, and I would be surprised
if one could use it effectively in a course which is likely to
require you to make use of many of its features.
Dean