Well, I could not find the olympus recorders in question at Amazon, but, I came
across,
http://www.startstop.com whilst googling,
which sells proffessional equipment, such as dictation equipment and such.  One
can pre-order device from there, since they're not quite out yet.  Supposedly
one can get a "custom quoted price" from this web site.  However, I had to send
an e-mail asking about that when I clicked on the custom quoted price link.  I
was only asking about the ds-50, since that's the one with the most bang for me
buck.

Very interesting and well thought out device.  I'd like to know how loud
and
clear the integrated speaker is.  Like every new device, it seems that you
can't get every thing you want.  It is a shame that this device does not
have an SD card slot.  These days, 1 GB of memory is minuscule and paying
and extra $50 for each memory upgrade from 256 to 1 Gb is almost laughable.

Sure the Milestone 311 is pricy but it does have a card slot, great clear
and loud sound as well as a long life rechargeable battery.

Still, I can't wait to road test this new device.

Cheers...Keith