Ok, well I went through Winamp and the options for creating playlists
just in case I was missing something and I actually think that the
batch files I wrote in Take Command are easier.
take Command allows the user to write very powerful batch files which
can take user input etc, such is the case with mine which I'm happy
to distribute.
You run the batch file as you would with any other command say from
the run programmes option. You're typed in the path name to where the
files are that you want to make a playlist from, you hit enter and
the batch file does the rest. I'm looking at ways of having a
"browse" option incorporated into the batch file, only one thing you
need to do and that is get a version of Take Command onto your
system, I think its available from http://www.jpsoftware.com.
Now the second advantage of creating playlists this way, while I'm
sure allot of people use Winamp, not everyone does, I prefer to use
VLC myself these days (no, that's not the London talkback station)
<smile>, its the name of an open-source media player which is
compatible across all platforms including Windows, Mac Os10.x, LINUX
etc.

Dane Trethowan
Phone: +613 9747 3975
Fax: +613 9743 7954