Yes, it is true, what sort of cleaning for your recording do you have
in mind, crackle removal, hiss removal, noise removal?

On 12/01/2007, at 10:49 AM, K Anderson wrote:

Hi All,

I know absolutely nothing about how to use Total Recorder, Goldwave,
etc,
but believe these programs are capable of cleaning up sound
recordings.  Is
that true?  If it is possible to do this type of thing, I was
wondering if
any of you might be willing to help me try and clean up a recording.

The recording in question is a song that was recorded on a Olympus 3100
digital recorder.  There is just a bit of distortion and/or vibration
from
time to time.  I am going to upload the song to my computer this
weekend and
want to clean it up if possible.

The song is very special to many people.  It was written for a good
friend
and co-worker who recently passed away.  I am going to share the song
with
her family and friends, and want to make it sound as good as possible
before
passing the song on.  Any help would be appreciated.

Katrina

Dane Trethowan
Phone: +613 9747 3975
Fax: +613 9743 7954