From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Brandon Hicks
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 9:15 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: lost my DVD drive

Hi,
I've seen this happen to mine. Similar thing, it disappears every so
often from My Computer, especially when I put in CDRW media. What I did
is simply start running the add hardware wizard. You get past the first
couple dialogs, and if you have a disc in the drive, it will rev up and
you can tell it has detected the drive again.

HTH
Brandon