hello list,
does anyone know of any accessible hard disk or solid state recorders?
am preferably looking for something at least reasonably portable, but not
microscopic, that will record stereo high quality audio, and take external
mics. it should be able to record at least 4 hours of high quality stereo
audio, and be able to download it to a computer with out having to send it in
real time via the sound card. if possible, I would prefer something with manual
record levels, and would like to be able to tell for certain if the machine is
actually recording, paused or what ever, and I am totally blind. I am not that
bothered about whether or not I can edit on the machine, but it would be a
bonus if that side of it was accessible as well.
thanks in advance for any help received on this.

Simon