Hi.

I don't recall all of the shortcuts but here is a list of what I know.  If
you do a Google search for media center keyboard shortcuts, you will find a
list on the MicroSoft site somewhere.

Alt windows key enter:  Open media center from anywhere in Windows.

>From within the Media Center application...
Control g: go to Guide
Control t:  Go to Live TV.
Control r:  Start recording:
Control p:  Pause TV
Control f:  Skip forward
Control b:  Skip backward
Number keys change channels
Volume 70:  F10
Volume down:  F9

There are moor of them, but I use the remote most of the time.  I don't know
if your remote is the same as mine however.

On mine, there are 4 buttons located just above the number pad that will
take you directly to recorded material, program guide, live TV, etc.

The program guide is fairly accessible in that you can move around within it
and see what is on, and if you want, choose to record something.

Hope this helps somewhat.

--Warmest regards,

--Rick Alfaro