Hi. You guys are missing it, it's very easy to find.
Ok, here's what you do.  go back into the general preferences area of
the tree view.

Now make sure you're focused on the close button.  Now, press your
tab key 8 times. there's your checkbox, check for new versions of
Winamp at startup.
Personally, folks, since there are so many bug fixes in this release,
i would honestly go for it. It's extremely stable, and I did a
broadcast with it last night and noticed absolutely no delays with
it.  This new 5.33 is rock solid!
and if you make any use of the media library at all, this upgrade is a must.
Lots of bug fixes.