catherine I had this problem a couple of times.  I took me 6 or 7
times installing winamp and the last time I installed itunes and it
fixed the problem, in other words winamp then came up in the dialog.

    I didn't want mindows media player to play my cd's as well.  I
had the box checked in win amp and still winamp wasn't in the list.
I just kept reinstalling it, and finally after installing itunes i saw it.
No one has a real suggestion for me, I am running xp pro we 60.
I know some day it will show up but till then?