I have a new computer with a SoundBlaster X-Fi card.  After many days of
waiting for the techs to get the on board soundcard for the screen reader and
the SoundBlaster PCI card for music working, the headset and microphone plugins
are still not working properly.  I am hoping there are some settings to correct
this problem.  This is what they are doing.

The speakers and headset in the front are working when connected to the
SoundBlaster card.  The microphone plug does not work in the front but does
when connected to the soundcard directly and only if you have the headset
plugged into the front panel.  If I unplug the headset from the front, the
microphone will not work anywhere.

Is this a screwup by the techs that built my computer?  They are totally
ignorant of the situation.

Loren