Hello the list!

Has anyone seen a true comparative analysis of the two players?

What is the process?

You have to read the file (on the CD or on your hard drive and feed it to a
digital to analog converter which produces the analog sound which is fed
into an amplifier of some kind.
That digital to analog converter can be in your sound card on your pc or in
your stereo's cd player.
The amplifier can be in your sound card or as part of your stereo system.

When you are comparing sound systems, you have to make sure that the music
is being played flat; no adjustments to the bass, treble or high end.  You
have to make sure that your settings in Win Amp and WmP are not tweaking the
sound.

So, when you are asking about sound quality with these guys, you first have
to ask "what part dose Win Amp or Windows Media Player or the program
reading your files on your stereo cd player perform in the process and what
influence will it have on the actual sound?".

I presume it is in the reading of the cd (or file) and the ability of the
software to read exactly what is on the file.  So, if you have a perfect cd,
will they perform the same?

One can prefer the usability, friendliness, functionality and so on, one
over the other.  But, how easy is it to say that one has a better sound
quality output than the other?

Hey guy, this is getting kind of long.  Time to stick your finger in your
eye, start rocking and  go back into dream mode.

Reed