From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Martina Letochová
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 12:11 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Weird sound problem

Hi listers!
I recently upgraded to Windows XP and since then I have a weird sound
problem I hope someone can help me with.
When there is some stronger system sound or when I play files online (sites
such as Myspace or YouTube) the quality of JAWS gets lower; it's as if it
was in sample rate of 22 kHz instead of 44 kHz. Then when I close the
playing sites or the system sound finishes it gets back to normal. Now I
noticed it also happens when I change the Winamp output to something else
than the DirectSound output: as soon as I start playing a file JAWS quality
gets worse but when I pause or stop it it gets back to normal. I have
Windows XP Professional, SB Live 5.1 and JAWS 4.51; I first thought it was a
JAWS problem and shortly tried version 7 and experienced the same, then I
haven't kept the newer version for now due to the lack of space on my system
HD, also JAWS 7 still doesn't have translations for Czech so I've kept this
older version for now instead. When I had the very same programs in Windows
98 I never had these problems with JAWS, only now that I upgraded to XP; so
I can only suspect it has something to do with the soundcard vs the system
since both versions of JAWS I tried should be compatible with XP, right? Any
ideas if there is some way to fix it?
Thank you very much in advance. In case this is not totally on-topic you can
write me privately, preferably at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Martina