-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Larry N
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:29 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: This annoying noise in our speakers

Hi Kathy. OkI'll take it on, because I know exactly what you are hearing.
Now then, that's the good news. The bad news is that solving the problem is
kind of hit and miss. The short, rather unscientiffic answer is that you
have some component patched either into your computer or in the immediate
vacinity of your computer which is interfering with your Pc's audio. I have
3 Pc's in the same room. One of them had both a mixer and a receiver plugged
into it. Each fed into the system independently through the use of a
component selecter. Meanwhile, the receiver was also outfitted with an
equalizer. The result was that all three computers emitted an annoying
rythmic tone which was also evident in any audio that I created using the
computers. The only way that I finally solved the problem was to disconnect
components 1 at a time until the annoying sound stopped. In my case, the
equalizer was causing the trouble. Since I removed it from the mix, no
problem.

Hope this helps.

Larry