I guess I better modify my question as I see, from doing some searches,
that it plays back the mp3 files from a cdr or cdrw.
So, I will modify my question like this:

say I transfer 10 mp3 radio programs to a cd.
Now, I take that cd and put it in the slsv590a.
How do I navigate among the 10 mp3 podcasts to play a particular one say,
for matter of illustration, the 7th one I put on the cd.
Will the unit remember its place if stopped or turned off.

This does sound like a good value for the price.