I have this radio and yes the FM or HD band sounds great but the AM band and
reception is absolutely horrid!  Don't get it if you like AM radio.

Kg
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: A.M. Radio

Hi, Dana.

Actually, my favorite tabletop radio is the Boston Acoustics HD Receptor,
which comes with a satellite speaker for first-rate stereo production. It's
true that stations can be hard to tune into and that you must wait an
annoying five seconds for HD channels to play, but the sound quality is
superb. Here in New York City, there are extra HD channels for classical
music and the only source of sixties oldies. Even regular FM stations sound
better than I've ever heard them. The cost of this radio has lately been in
the $300 range, but I got it for $250 and I believe that price is still
promoted from time to time. I haven't double-checked C Crane for its current
pricing.