Hey, Guys!

    I am looking for a new laptop, and have never owned one before.  I want
it for other things, yes, but want it powerful enough for on the road
recording as well, which is why I am asking this list for suggestions.

    I would like to keep it under 1,000 dollars, but will entertain any
suggestion, if the cost can be justified.  I am a Jaws user, but look to add
Window Eyes soon too.

    I will be traveling with this thing, so screen size is not important,
except that it should not be some huge 17 inch monster.  It does have to fit
my backpack after all.

    I look forward to your suggestions!  Thanks much!

Billy