Oh, the delay is so worth it given the advantages this approach offers!  :-)

Darrell Shandrow - Accessibility Evangelist
Visit http://www.SaveSerotek.org and ask Freedom Scientific to stop suing!
another person.
From: "Jonathan Mosen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'PC audio discussion list. '" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 4:53 PM
Subject: RE: Shoutcast help needed

There's not a lot you can do about this, because the mic is being put
through StationPlaylist's Studio's audio pipeline and that does take some
processing. if it bothers you enough, you could use a separate instance of
Winamp with the Linerec plug-in to do your streaming, and use the standard
mic feature in your sound card. The same caveats about software speech from
my last post would then apply.

Jonathan