Hi again
I like Sound Taxi but became concerned when I found that I could not totally
trust it. Recently however using less resources it seems more stable. The
problem is that of course when you do a 13 hour book you can't be sure it
hasn't left silences in the middle of it.

I'll continue to use Sound Taxi because I don't believe it breaks copyright.
I have however found out about two other programs which claim to do the same
sort of thing. I don't have time to investigate apart from having looked at
their webpages but some of you may wish to try them out. Again I don't think
they have copyright problems.

I found them on a list thus the blurb below. They are:
Alternatives to Sound Taxi

Apple should have removed the DRM control long long time ago! How can we
convert DRM protected music to unprotected WAV, MP3 or WMA? This problem
sucks

many iTunes users like me. I tried both TuneBite(

http://www.tunebite.com

) and

NoteBurner(

http://www.noteburner.com)

. These two software can convert WMA or even protected itunes music (M4P) to
MP3. They worked perfectly on my computer. The only difference between
TuneBite

and NoteBurner is that TuneBite uses recording technique while NoteBurner
burns music onto a virtual CD-R. I cannot tell any difference in terms of
the

music quality. But I would agree that NoteBurner is faster and more reliable
than TuneBite. I recommend NoteBurner. Cheers!

Gordon McFarlane