To Mary and Vivien:
A little tip to download Skype or programs in general: instead of
clicking/pressing enter on the download link on the page simply do it in the
context menu and "save target as"; then you'll get really the whole program.
It seems the information bar doesn't let you download it complete and as a
result the file gets somehow corrupted; I had the same problem downloading
programs and only via the context menu it worked fine; I still did get the
security window and clicked OK to accept the program anyway but then there
were no more errors.
Hope this helps.
Martina