Hello James,
I haven't been following this thread so I don't know exactly what's been
written before.  When you try the links are you getting a dialog box asking
if you want to save or open the links?  If so, I had a similar problem with
a new computer recently.  When the dialog box comes up press the Open
button.  Windows Media Player should come up with a dialog box asking you to
agree with their license agreement.  Accept the license agreement and answer
any additional questions and either the link will begin playing or you'll be
sent back to the Bill Sparks web site.  If so, click the link again to see
if Windows Media Player will begin playing the content.  Hope this helps.

Frank Brown