Hi, Gary:

Looks like nobody was listening when, on Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:17:56
-0400, you asked:

>Is there a best lossless format in terms of sound?

First of all, you're asking a question which is a total non sequitor.
If different lossless formats had different sounds, they wouldn't
exactly be lossless, would they?  The whole point of a lossless format
is to give back 100% the original sound of the original data that went
into creating it.  The only lossless formats of which I know and with
which I am familiar are FLAC and AAC, which, in fact, may be more
closely related than I am aware.

>Is there a quickest for going from .WAV to that format and back?  Aside from
>WMP and Sound Forge, what programs work with the other formats?

Easy CDDA Extractor, or any audio file format converter using external
encoders and decoders will do it for you.  The pay version of Easy
CDDA Extractor is, I think, what you need in this particular case.

Hope this helps.