No, it's not something that has been talked about until recently when the
Windows Media lossless format came into being. FLAC has been around for
some years, but hasn't gained a great deal of attention. There's an Apple
lossless format as well. Those are the big three. There's a really good
Wikipedia on lossless formats, but I can't remember its title at the
moment.
Bruce

--
Bruce Toews