I'm becoming more and more interested in a simple FM transmitter that
will take output from a computer's sound card--such as something
streaming across the Net--and transmit this at low power to an FM
frequency of my choosing so the output may be heard throughout my
building.

I know these have come down in price, and there are lots of options.
Is there a place I can go to gain a good basic understanding of pros
and cons and of differences between brands?  I want decent quality,
and I want something that will transmit on any FM frequency used
widely in North America, not just the low or high end of these bands.
And it would help if this is simple enough for someone totally blind
to use.  The first I heard about these was on a C Crane advertisement,
but I'm sure their brand is not the only choice.

Price is a consideration, but I don't want junk that will need
replacing immediately, either.  So I would pay a little more for
reliability.

Thanks for any suggestions or reference links.