Hi.

If you're looking to retain exact audio copies of your CD's before selling
them then you'll need to use a lossless format.  I'd recommend lossless WMA
and using windows media player to rip your CD's rather than nero.

As you're probably aware, next to MP3, WMA is the most commonly supported
format.  It's also a proprietary microsoft format and I don't see microsoft
going away any day soon so the longevity of the format should be guaranteed
over any other.

Lossless formats take up around 50 to 75% of the original CDDA equivalent so
you'll need a lot of disc space to hold 650 CD's.  I've currently got around
700 CD's ripped in lossless format and they're taking up just over 270GB of
disc space.  You'll also need to back up your hard drive because if you have
a hard drive failure, you're going to want to get your music back from your
saves.  I currently use 3 hard drives, a master and 2 back up drives.

WAV files will take up more space than lossless WMA or FLAC files and they
don't support ID3 tags so I would disuade you of using this format.  They
don't sound any better than lossless formats either so I don't see why
anyone would  waste disc space on this format.

If you use windows media player to rip your collection you'll be able to set
it up to automatically start ripping when you insert a CD and eject it on
completion.  I don't think you can do this with nero but I could be wrong.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]