now like so many other company's, the great thing about DA'S is that
you can get more power out of them with less current when compared to
conventional analog amplification.

On 03/09/2007, at 3:13 PM, albert griffith wrote:

I've assumed news would be posted to, www.aph.org.  Is this not
correct?  If
it's going to continue to be portable, the speaker can't sound better
than a
good cell phone.  Personally, I'll purchase my own docking station if it
means keeping the size down to something I can easily carry in a pocket.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
audio.org]
On Behalf Of Russ
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 9:30 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Bookport and other assistive technology

Hi
It would be a help if there was a site where we could check the latest
news on the new bookport.    Somewhere we could also make suggestions
for features.  I hope that the new bookport does include a decent
speaker,
the comments I have heard about the Victor Stream say it has a very poor
under powered speaker.

I would also like the new bookport to have variable speed and pitch
control
for playing of audio files on the fly.  The Stream has this feature
but I do
not know how well it works.

Russ
On 9/3/07, albert griffith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You're right about that.

ideas.
> I believe the victor reader needs no transfer software, where the
> bookport does.

******************************

Dane Trethowan

 From Melton Victoria Australia

Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

phone uk 0121 288 4976

Phone/tty (+61 3) 9747 975

Fax +61 3 9743 7954

mobile/sms: +61425 777 508

Skype: callto:grtdane12

MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Join the fight against spam!  Have your ISP enable client/server authentication.