With some of those creative cards you also have to set your speaker type to
surround sound or quadraphonic to get the headphones to work.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of David Reynolds
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 2:57 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: sound card question

Joe,
What you need to do is to switch the headphones on. Somewhere in the
creative menu there is a settings option. When you go into this, there is a
headphones tab. You first have to check the headphones checkbox, then you
need to decide whether when using headphones, the sound comes out of the
speakers as well. Quirky I know, but that's creative for you.
My memory is not that good, but if you get stuck, I still have a machine
with this module set up, and I guess I'll fire it up, and be able to tell
you exactly which option to choose.

Best,

Dave.