A friend just got a new Ederal fa-66 firewire audio interface.  It is great
but has one problem.  There is noise from the outputs.  It is a high pitched
whistle in the 10k range.  The noise stops when the firewire cable is
disconected.  The unit is still on and powered by AC.

Now I've heard roomors that this can happen with firewire, that one can get
noise from the firewire adaptor.

Anyone own this card and or have had a simoler problem with firewire?

Bob

BTW:  I tried the unit on my computer.  There was still some noise but it
was much less.

The dealer has ordered a replacement.  I hope it works better because this
is a great sounding system with real physical controls.