From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 11:45 AM
Subject: Slingbox & DirecTV info

Hi
The Slingbox hardware and SlingPlayer software can be used by a
blind person with JAWS by using the keyboard shortcuts. The
SlingPlayer software version I use here is 1.4+.

Shortcuts like ctrl+m to toggle the audio, alt+P for the Player
menu.

DirecTV satellite provider is working on a service which is
called "remote bookings" which will allow you to control your
DVR (Digital Video Recorder) satellite box from your computer.
This is in testing phase. I asked DirecTV if I could participate
in the testing and was told I had no business in this. I told
them to use proper HTML code when designing this new remote
bookings service which should be available sometime next year.

You cannot control your DVR box's functions completely nor
configure your DVR box menu's using the SlingPlayer software.

Petro