-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dane Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 12:42 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Voice Recorders was The Victor Reader

I don't think anyone did, I heard that it could record so I was
wondering what sort of recording capacity the reader had.
Incidentally talking about recorders, I notice that the Olympus range
of Recorders (Voice Recorders to be more accurate) got a very good
review in our local newspaper last Thursday as compared to the new
Sony offering. One of the drawbacks with the Sony was that it used its
own proprarity audio encoding and you needed extra software to
transfer and decode the audio to make it compatible for playing on a
PC. Further to this the Sony model (whilst it could be connected to a
PC) did not function as an external drive meaning that once again,
extra software had to be used to make it act this way, no Mac software
exists for the Sony recorder of course.

On 09/12/2007, at 5:14 AM, Donald L. Roberts wrote:

> Where in the world did someone get the idea that the stream does
> not record well enough for a podcast?
>
> Don Roberts

>>> aren't