Hi,

         I'm using winamp 551 full and I'm having no troubles,
whatsoever.  I don't use the library at all so problems there
probably still exist, but for streaming radio, my music, podcasts
that I've downloaded, etc, its been berry berry good to me.  Try the
latest version.  It may fix your problems.

Hth,  Rusty
 > At 08:22 PM 1/17/2008, Jed Barton spake thusly:-
>Hey guys, has anyone had major headaches trying to get winamp to work?
>My god, it just never ends.  I have winamp 5.08 which honestly seems to be
>the most stable.
>5.32 just wouldn't install.  A lot of the stuff from the program was missing
>such as the input and output uner preferences, so I went back to 5.08.
>I keep getting an illegal operation every time I exit.  It  says the
>instruction at, and then mentions a bunch of numbers references memory.
>And I have to hit the OK button.  What versions are people running?
>This now makes the 6th time I have uninstalled it.  Am I the only one who
>has had this issue?
>Also, when I get down to skin support, it freaks out when it seems modern
>skins.  I then have to exit out of it, go back in to preferences, then very
>very quickly hit the down arrow button so it bipasses the modern skin, in
>the hopes that I miss it.  Is it meo or does this modern skin support not
>get along with jfw?
>

>Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>http://www.pc-audio.org

>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>http://www.eset.com

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides,
flooding, severe thunderstormstearing up the country from one end to
another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are
we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of
allegiance?" Jay Leno