Hi,

I sometimes use a plexTalk, the first model, not the second. Think of it
like a cassette recorder: If you record a song, say, and just begin playing
the piano just after you press record, that's what you will hear when you
play back the tape from the very beginning. So, after you've initialized
your new recording file, I forget just how at this second, you press the
record key, once to get ready, a second time to actually record, and begin
reciting the title, unless you'd rather not announce the title for some
reason.

Now, if you mean, how do you give it a digital name, as in how do you name
the plextalk's files, basically, you don't. That is all handled by plexTalk.
It creates folders with names like,

Bookdir00
Bookdir01
Bookdir02

And inside each folder are one or more mp3 files and some management files.
The mp3 files have names like,

A00001.mp3,
A00002.mp3

What I would do, to be safe, is copy those a.mp3 files somewhere else,
leaving the original files untouched. Then go rename the copies to your
heart's content, keeping the mp3 extension, of course.

Hth,
Js