From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dan Thompson
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:48 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: converting text to daisy format

When I put a txt file on a sd caard in the victor reader stream, I can't
jump from one chapter/section without first moving to the end of a chapter
and puting my own bookmark in.  Then I just move to that bookmark.  But to
get to that start or end of a chapter or end of a sectin, I must move by
screen or paragraph until I reach the locaation for inserting a bookmark.

Daisy books usually mark the chapters, sections etc.  I wasn't sure if I
could actually make this happen or not.  I have some text for my students
that are in ttxt format on cd.  I can move them to a bookport or victor
reader stream. But when looking for a given place in the book, the student
must get there in a very slow manner. I guess maybe after this first year of

using the books, the bookmarks would be in the bookport or victor reader
stream for next year.  So that is why I was wondering. The publisher doesn't

have the text avilable in daisy or I would bought them as well as the txt
copies.

Hope I diidn't go on too long with my explanation.begin