Hmm, I'm not sure it's that simple. I don't really know though! I did go
to Wikipedia, and on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVI I found the
following statement "An AVI file may carry audio/visual data inside the
chunks in virtually any compression scheme, including ...." MP3 wasn't
listed, but it may be included in one of the schemes listed.