Albert, I have been through all Option tabs and things are set to my
liking.  I did tell WMP to rip when a CD is inserted, just as a test,
and the tracks were ripped, but the gap between tracks was also there
which I do not want.  I prefer to not have WMP rip automatically, but
my problem is that I cannot activate the button which would actually
start a rip.  Thanks for your help, Norma