Many PVR models are out there including models which work with PC'S,
I've written on this list about the Winfast PVR HDTV2000 by Leadtek
for example.  Other people I know use Topfeeld PVR'S which are set top
boxes, they interface with a LAN or WLAN, you can go to the EPG
(Electronic Programme guide) on the Internet and schedule programmes
from there for the PVR to record, in the case of the Leadtek model in
the computer, you just bring up the EPG on the screen and double click
on the programme you wish to schedule, that's it!

Now regarding the order of files? Well with the Leadtek model, they're
placed in a folder, I've written in previous posts how these folders
are automatically named according to the programmes being broadcast,
the information available from the EPG etc, you can also specify the
name in the scheduler if you're manually scheduling programmes.

Finally the Leadtek has a remote controller but I've not tried this yet.

On 18/09/2008, at 3:04 AM, Gary King wrote:

> Are any of you who have DirecTV using a DVR?  They say you can
> schedule a
> recording either from your computer or mobile phone.  Has anyone
> tried this?
>
> Once you have a recording, I wonder how easy it is to locate the
> starting
> point of a particular recording, especially if there are several
> recordings
> present on the DVR.
>
> I don't yet have a DVR, but I'm considering upgrading from my
> talking Zenith
> VCR's.
>
> Gary King
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Jonathan Mosen List Founder

Dane Trethowan
 From Melton Victoria Australia
mailto:Dane Trethowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
phone +61 3 9005 8589
Fax/TTY +61 3 9743 7954
mobile/sms: +614 418 773 532
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]