My experience only.

Using JAWS 9.

You can set season pass or one time show recordings on certain DVR models using
the internet with DirecTV satellite service.

I use a Philips DSR 704 DVR box which makes sound beeps. DirecTV no longer
sells this box but you can find it at:

http://www.weaknees.com

This DVR has the original TiVo interface and not the new DirecTV interface
which many do not like.

With this unit I can find my recorded shows and delete them with the remote
control. My hope is to be able to delete such shows via the internet.

You will need sighted assistance to teach you how to go to the "now Playing
list" and to delete shows. The hard drive will get full sooner or later.

The unit I have is connected to phone line. Software version on the DVR is
6.4a, TiVo series 2.

TiVo signed like a 10 year agreement with DirecTV about 2 weeks ago so this is
good news.

Make sure that the DVR that you decide to get is supported by this new DVR
scheduler via the internet.
Petro

Jonathan Mosen List Founder