From: "Pam Drake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 7:34 AM
Subject: RE: Itunes 8 now accessible

Interesting!  Occasionally, <this is several years ago> When a TV
picture has been really bad you could hear a wildly fluctuating squealy
tone.  I have actually been able to satisfactorily tune in the picture
this way for others in the house.  You also used to notice the strange
squeal when listening to audio on a scrambled signal before the cable
companies perfected their scrambler technology.  Remember watching all
those events on HBO?  We didn't care about the picture.

Oops!  Don't want to start an off-topic thread so I'll stop this; but
perhaps one can still fix a mangled picture?

Pam