Hi John,

If your head phones are plugged in to the head phone jac on your computer,
there really isn't a way to have them both sounding at the same time.  Most
computers are set up so that when you plug phones in, the speakers shut off.
If one had a USB soundcard, this might be possible.

Sorry, and I hope this helped.

Tim

Hi again Borris and all,

Well I did get my headset and mic set up for my online classes and
also for Skype.  But now my computer speakers are shut off.  Isw
there a way to get both my headsets and the computer speakers to work
at the same time?

Thanks much,

John

At 05:25 AM 10/25/2008, you wrote:

>No rebooting necessary, sort of takes half the fun out of hot-swappable
>USB devices.
>Just make sure that your prefered devices are setup for your USB headset
>in control panel/sounds and audio devices as mentioned earlier. Many USB
>audio devices set themselves up as your prefered playback/recording
>preference when they are first installed. You may or may not have to
>restart your screen reader for speech to be redirected through the new
>sound device, depending on several factors. In the case of Window-Eyes,
>you can easily change the output device of it's built-in DEC-Talk
>access32 speech without issue. Even NVDA has provisions for easily
>swapping output ports through ESpeak or sapi5. Jaws, in typical fassion,
>requires more work to keep it's output locked to a specific device,
>which is further complicated by the fact that it tends to use the
>default preference for local-service when started as a system service,
>rather than the logged-in user's preference. Depending on the system
>configuration, they are not necessarily the same.
>
>BTW, for anyone looking at USB headsets, I highly recommend the Cad U2
>USB mic/headset combo ($39). Beats anything I've ever seen from
>Logitech, Labtec, Plantronics and the like, in terms of both mic and
>headphone audio quality.
>
>Blue wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I think you have to plug them and reboot your computer in order to hear
> > window eyes through them. Then you will have to configure the microphone
> > settings. In the sounds under the control panel.
> >
> > O.Blue
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] .net <mailto:otis.blue%40sbcglobal.net>
> > Ph. 414-353-6617

BpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BG1zZ0lkAzMxNz
M3MgRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMjQ5MjY3NTMEdHBjSWQDMzE3MzQ5>Messages
>in this topic (6)
MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BG1zZ0lkAzMxNzM3MgRzZWMD
ZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMjQ5MjY3NTM-?act=reply&messageNum=317372>Reply
>(via web post) |
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindtech/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJldDZkaDJlBF9TAzk3
MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGME
c3RpbWUDMTIyNDkyNjc1Mw-->Start
>a new topic
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindtech/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJldGZnYTlzBF9T
Azk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA21z
Z3MEc3RpbWUDMTIyNDkyNjc1Mw-->Messages

>Blindtech is owned by Lynn White (www.lynnwhite.radioforlife.net).
>
>To unsubscribe from this list, please send an e-mail to
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>If you have any questions or concerns about the list, how it is
>being managed, or your subscription to it, please don't raise these
>concerns to the list or send test messages to it. Rather, please
>contact the administrators directly at
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>and we will be happy to assist you.
ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjI0OTI2NzUz

>Yahoo! Groups

MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdz
BHN0aW1lAzEyMjQ5MjY3NTM->Change
>settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
>Change settings via email:
><mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Delivery:
>Digest>Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
><mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Delivery Format: Traditional>Switch format to Traditional
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindtech;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcDAyMTE5BF9TAzk3MzU5N
zE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZ
QMxMjI0OTI2NzUz>Visit
>Your Group | <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Groups Terms
>of Use | <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Unsubscribe
>Recent Activity
>    *  8

k3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYn
JzBHN0aW1lAzEyMjQ5MjY3NTM->New
> Members
><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blindtech;_ylc=X3oDMTJla2I5azRnBF9TAzk3MzU5N
zE0BGdycElkAzI4ODg5MDYEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MTE1Mzg2BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3Rpb
WUDMTIyNDkyNjc1Mw-->Visit
>Your Group
>Sell Online
>
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ojal9e9/M=493064.12016255.12445662.8674578/D
=groups/S=1705115386:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1224933953/L=/B=g3nLEELaX.g-/J=122492675
3935026/A=4025291/R=0/SIG=12bsapn24/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44092/*http:
//smallbusiness.yahoo.com/merchant>Start
>selling with
>
>our award-winning
>
>e-commerce tools.
>Y! Groups blog
>
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13odel804/M=493064.12016258.12582637.8674578/D
=groups/S=1705115386:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1224933953/L=/B=hHnLEELaX.g-/J=122492675
3935026/A=5191953/R=0/SIG=112mhte3e/*http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/>The
>place to go
>
>to stay informed
>
>on Groups news!
>Need traffic?
>
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ome76oh/M=493064.12016308.12445700.8674578/D
=groups/S=1705115386:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1224933953/L=/B=hXnLEELaX.g-/J=122492675
3935026/A=3848644/R=0/SIG=131l83flq/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sr
chv2.php?o=US2006&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Groups5&s=Y&s2=&s3=&b=50>Drive
>customers
>
>With search ads
>
>on Yahoo!
>.