My DVD, will play AVI files, and I've played them.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-gia...@yahoo.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:29 PM
Subject: more on .avi to data DVD subject

Let us know if that worked for you by using Nero to make a data DVD from those .avi files you have and then using your home DVD player to play them back. I sure didn't know this was possible to make them play on home DVD player. Usually you have to convert the .avi files to DVD using a converter program. Why are you using a DVD RW disc? You should only use a DVD -R or +R blank disc. Most players now support both disc types but check your manual to be sure of this.

If you have Replay AV 8 latest version you get Replay Converter application which will do the .avi conversion to DVD NTSC (USA, Canada and some other countries). I know the program is accessible because I use it and am a beta tester for them. I use JAWS 10. These .avi files how did you obtain them? From a camera?

You can also do DVD PAL format disc for playback in most other countries with Replay Converter.

Applian makes Replay AV which comes bundled with Replay Converter. They have 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn't work for you the video conversions to DVD disc.

Contact Leslie Bee at
les...@applian.com

Website
http://www.applian.com

I have done .avi file conversions to DVD disc myself in the past. These .avi files were from a digital camera that records in .avi format.

Jonathan Mosen List Founder

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3843 (20090210) __________

http://www.eset.com

Jonathan Mosen List Founder