To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:54 PM
Subject: RE: Digitizing Tape without Hearing Sound

I suspect you are using Windows xp or earlier.  Go into the properties of
your sound card and choose play.  In that dialog, you may find options to
check or uncheck what channels play. Make sure line in is unchecked. Also,
in the recording properties, make sure line in is checked, not anything
called What you Hear or Mixer.

I often digitize tapes using Goldwave, in both Xp and Vista, and never hear
the tape playing, so the problem can be solved.

Dean