this is the first I have heard of this program. what advantage is this program supposed to have over something like Winamp? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry" <vinyl...@distributel.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: Marvelsoft Digital Jukebox , Not ready for prime time

As a blind purchaser of this software, I would have to agree with everything that you said Tim, at least to the extent of that which can be perceived by a totally blind user. First there's this annoying proclamation issued each time the program is launched which shouts at the user declaring itself to be "the future of audio!" Is this truly necessary? If this is the future, then I am not optomystic.

Since I spent money on this package, I have tried to get to know it a bit, but our relationship has been uneasy at best. It seems that the user is required to learn a different method of doing most of the tasks for which the software was designed. I had perceived it as giving voice to tasks that could be cumbersome in other applications. And while there is indeed voice, I find myself mystified as to how to perform tasks which I take for granted in other applications. Then there's the "help" feature which I really don't find to be all that helpful. For the most part, the user is on his or her own when trying to figure things out. And, since the developers have chosen alternative means for doing most everything, this is particularly annoying.

However, Tim, since you are also an owner of this program, perhaps you can help me out with the answers to a couple of questions. First, since my music is on multiple drives and in a variety of folders, just how does one move about between drives and folders? Secondly, when I try to ad given songs to a given play list, the software insists on creating a second play list with the first play list's name and dumping the songs in that second play list. So, how does one add to a play list?

One other interesting thing that I noticed... the program does include an element which allows the user to list radio stations and their urls, serving as a kind of self built radio station database. I've noticed that when adding a link, say from the Bill Sparks site, I have to add the link which Bill labels "Listen live with your pda/smart phone or stand alone player.," as the standard listen link will not work in this jukebox. I guess it is to be perceived as a standalone player.

My comments here represent only my views, but, like Tim, I would recommend that, before purchasing this product, you might want to get hold of a demo version in order to make sure that it meets your needs.

Larry