For a long time this has been driving me nuts!

As subject indicates, I simply can't for the life of me see how to stop
Winamp going to the on-line database for each and every Cd I try to play.
Worse still, it does it everytime I change tracks.

Most CDs I play these days are my own creations so, obviously, it isn't
going to find anything.  So please, come on someone, please tell me how to
stop Winamps intrsive behaviour.

(I might kick myself if the answer is obvious, but it sin'isn't for lack of
trying on  my part.)
Ray.